This Minecraft guide explains how to make Charcoal in Minecraft. Here you will find the best ways to make Charcoal without coal or a furnace and what all tools you can make with Charcoal in Minecraft.
Charcoal in Minecraft is a basic element; you can use it in many unique ways to achieve your goals and gain rewards.
It is your best replacement for coal in Minecraft because who will go mining coal again and again. Want to cook meat? Or need to light a fire at night to survive in Minecraft or smelt some orbs; all you need is some charcoal. But the question is, ‘How do I get charcoal in Minecraft?’
Your answer waits in the section below.
How To Make Charcoal In Minecraft?
To get Charcoal in Minecraft, you need to smelt wooden logs in a furnace, and you are good to go. Yes, as simple as that! Put some wooden logs in the furnace, and add a fuel source; you have your Charcoal at the end of the process.
Minecraft is filled with forest, so obtaining wooden logs will not be difficult, and you can construct a furnace with 8 cobblestones or dig the ground to find more. You require a fuel source too; both wood and coal will do a great job.
To have a quick and endless supply of Charcoal, you can plant trees around your house in Minecraft.
- One log will give one Charcoal in Minecraft.
- 1 charcoal will burn in a furnace for 80 seconds.
- 1 charcoal can smelt 8 items.
- Charcoal will burn longer than a wooden plank/ stick.
Make Charcoal Without A Furnace Or Coal In Minecraft
By breaking a campfire or Compound creation, you can obtain Charcoal in Minecraft without using a furnace or coal.
The game Minecraft allows you to build a campfire and eventually break it. When a campfire is broken without the Silk Touch enhancement, 2 charcoals are made. Besides this, you can create Charcoal in Minecraft through the compound creator. All you need is to know the base elements of Charcoal (7 Carbon, 4 Hydrogen and 10 Oxygen)
- You have to mine the Compound creator with a pickaxe in Minecraft.
- In Survival mode, the Compound creator needs to be obtained with commands.
- The Bedrock Edition Minecraft world must have “Education Edition” switched on.
How To Use Charcoal In Minecraft?
Charcoal and coal in Minecraft have similar purposes. It can be used as fuel for various tasks like cooking, smelting, and even making more Charcoal. Below is a list of ways to use Charcoal in Minecraft:
|Uses of Charcoal in Minecraft||Other requirements|
|Campfire||stick and log/stem/wood/hyphae|
|Fire Charge||blazed powder and gunpowder|
|Soul Torch||stick and soul sand|
|Heat Block||Iron, water, salt|
Where To Find Charcoal In Creative Mode?
Finding Charcoal in Creative Mode Minecraft depends on your game version and the platform you are using.
- If you use Java 1.8-1.11 version, go to the ‘Materials’ option. If you have the 1.12-1.19 version, you will see Charcoal in the ‘Miscellaneous’ menu.
- Xbox One and 360 users, PS3 and PS4 users will find Charcoal in Materials or Item section depending on the version they are using.
- The command (/give @p charcoal 1 0) will yield charcoal in Minecraft Pocket Edition (for version: 1.16.0, 1.17.0, 1.18.0, 1.18.31 and 1.19.0)
Platforms That Support Charcoal In Minecraft
Charcoal was introduced to Minecraft in 2012 with the launch of Minecraft Java Edition 1.3.1. The following platforms soon adopted this change:
- Java Edition (PC/Mac)
- Pocket Edition (PE)
- Xbox 360, Xbox One
- PS3, PS4
- Wii U
- Nintendo Switch
- Windows 10 Edition
- Education Edition
Have Issues Regarding Charcoal In Minecraft?
For any problem regarding Charcoal in Minecraft, you can contact the official site . The developers use a bug tracker for all charcoal-relating issues.
FAQs on Minecraft Charcoal
Minecraft does not allow you to make coal from Charcoal, nor can you store coal and Charcoal together. However, you can create Charcoal from coal in a furnace. When used as fuel, coal will smelt 8 charcoals in Minecraft.
In Minecraft, using Charcoal is better than coal. Firstly because it is renewable and cheaper than coal, secondly, it is easy to make Charcoal in Minecraft than mining coal. However, it has drawbacks too. Charcoal, unlike coal, cannot be traded in Minecraft villages. You can make a coal block, but same is not possible with Charcoal.
In Minecraft 1.18, you need to go to higher mountain elevations to find coal. Coal in Minecraft starts appearing more frequently around Y-Level 136 to Y-Level 256. Previously the Minecraft world had coal in all areas.
Farmer, Librarian, Cartographer, and Armorer are the top picks of many players. Apart from them, the following jobs are available.
So, this information was all about how to make Charcoal in Minecraft.
With this knowledge, you are all ready to make Charcoal in Minecraft. This renewable energy: Charcoal, will help you accomplish various achievements in the Minecraft world.
- What are the latest trends in mobile app design and user interface? - December 4, 2023
- How to choose the right programming language for your mobile app? - December 1, 2023
- How to optimize your app for better performance and speed? - November 29, 2023