In this guide, we will discuss How to Show Battery Percentage on iPhone 12?
Is checking battery percentage on your iPhone 12 always a guessing game? You can simply see the battery charge percentage on iPhone 12 from the iOS Control center, Widget, Apple watch, or even ask Siri.
In this guide, you will learn all possible ways that allow you to show the battery percentage on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
How To Show Battery Percentage On Iphone 12, Pro, Mini and Pro Max ?
Checking the battery of your iOS device is essential to ensure the proper health of your iPhone and Mac.
However, with iPhone 12, the previously visible battery percentage indicator has vanished, making it difficult for many users to check battery percentage on iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone pro max, and even other models.
Spending hours trying to figure out how to show the battery percentage on your iPhone 12 can be energy-draining for you and your iPhone. So stop endlessly hitting in the dark till you eventually get the bullseye.
All you need is this guide on ‘How to show Battery Percentage on iPhone 12 permanently ‘.
7 Ways to Show Battery Percentage On Iphone 12, pro, Mini and Pro Max
1. See Battery Life On Ios Control Center
The quickest and simplest way to check the battery percentage on iPhone 12 without exiting any app is via the iOS control centre. The following steps will come in handy:
1. Swipe down from the top-right corner to reach the iOS control centre on your iPhone 12
2. The battery percentage will be visible beside/on the battery icon.
Isn’t the method as quick as a fox? You must note that this is a quick temporary remedy to peek at the battery life of your iOS phone.
2. Add Widget to Show iPhone Battery Percentage
Another method is to display iPhone 12 battery charged percentage is by adding a battery widget on your home screen:
1. Begin by holding on to the blank space on your home screen.
2. Click on the + icon in the upper left corner.
3. On the search bar type ‘Batteries’.
4. Select your preferred format.
5. Add it to the home screen and check the battery percentage anytime.
Tip: Scroll left from your Home Screen, and you will see a side window opens up: Scroll down to Edit >> Batteries >>Done.
3. Charge To See Battery Percentage Iphone 12
This method requires you to make no changes to your iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 mini to view the battery percentage. All you need is to plug in the charger of your iPhone while keeping the screen locked.
You will see a battery icon will appear, in some cases, you will be shown a notification on your lock screen when you remove the device from charging.
4. Hey Siri, What Is The Battery Percentage?
You can activate your voice command on iPhone 12 or other models like iPhone 12 pro and ask Siri to tell you the battery percentage. If you do not use Voice commands frequently, you can use these steps:
1. Open Settings.
2. Opt for the Siri & Search option.
3. Activate Listen for Hey Siri
4. Now press down the side button of the iPhone12
5. Say ‘Hey Siri’.
You have activated Siri assistance on your iPhone, now ask, “Hey Siri what is the battery percentage of the iPhone”. Siri will respond to you by telling and displaying you the remaining battery percentage.
5. Use A Battery Shortcut
You can add a battery shortcut that will act as the status bar for your iPhone 12 battery. The steps are fairly simple:
1. Go to this iCloud link to get access to the iPhone Battery Shortcut
2. Add the shortcut to your home screen for easy access.
3. You will see a battery icon added to your home screen
Tap on the battery icon to know your battery percentage.
6. Let Apple Watch Show the Battery Percentage
Apple allows you to sync your devices together, allowing you to access your device from other platforms like the Apple Watch.
However, you cannot directly see the battery percentage of your iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Mini on your Apple Watch. To check the battery percentage on your Apple watch, you need to use a third-party app.
Note: Some third-party apps might not be available for free.
The following section will show how you can add the battery percentage indicator on your Apple Watch with the Charger app. You are now one glance away from knowing the battery status of your iPhone 12.
Charger app is the smoothes app that allows you to know how much battery life is felt on your iPhone for free. Follow these steps:
1. Start by downloading the Charger app on your Apple Watch.
2. You will see that the Charger app is installed on your iPhone too. Now run it on the iPhone.
3. The next step is to find the Charger app on your Apple Watch and open it.
4. Select iPhone from the given options.
It will display the battery charge percentage of your iPhone 12.
7. Get A Third-Party App
You can show check battery percentage on your iPhone 12 by getting a third-party app to do it for you.
Here are two free apps that in just a few steps, can not only add a battery life indicator to your iPhone 12 (or iPhone12 pro or iPhone 12 pro max) but also let you know the voltage, temperature, usage, and pattern. You can also customize the theme.
1. Battery HD+
Maximising Battery Life of your iPhone 12
Now that the battery percentage of your iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini, or iPhone 12 Pro Max is visible, you may notice that the battery percentage is draining very quickly, causing poor overall performance of your iOS device.
Here are a few tips that will help you maximize the battery life of your iPhone 12.
- Keep your device updated with the latest software.
- Avoid overheating your iPhone 12
- Optimize your battery life by optimizing the settings.
- Never let the battery run out completely.
- Switch to Auto-Brightness from Maximum Brightness.
- Use Low Power Mode.
- Review the Battery Usage report on your iPhone 12.
- Remove the cover of your iPhone while charging.
FAQs on iPhone 12, Pro, Mini, Pro Max Battery
Your iPhone 12 Pro Max does show battery percentage. Swipe down from the top-right corner to view the battery percentage of your device.
iPhone 12 Pro Max with a healthy battery life will last for 2 days and 1 hour. It comes with a battery capacity of 3687 mAh and a battery score of 78.
Charge your iPhone 12 when the battery falls below 20% to avoid unexpected switch-offs during work or other situations.
It is best that you charge the iPhone 12 Pro Max to 100%. It takes 3 hours for iPhone 12 Pro Max to fully charge (additional half-hour charging to reach full capacity).
It is not possible to customize the battery color without a third-party app and jailbreaking the iPhone. Apart from this, you can switch between white and black color depending on your iPhone theme (light/dark). If the battery icon is showing red or yellow color (Low power mode), it is best to charge it.
So, this information was all about How to make battery percentage show on iphone 12.
Enabling the battery percentage indicator on your iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini or iPhone 12 Pro Max is fairly easy with proper guidance. With these 7 methods, the battery status of your iOS phone is just a few clicks away.
- What are the latest trends in mobile app design and user interface? - December 4, 2023
- How to choose the right programming language for your mobile app? - December 1, 2023
- How to optimize your app for better performance and speed? - November 29, 2023